MUSHROOM TORTELLINI WITH ARUGULA
An easy 1-2-3 recipe that certainly pairs with Mignanelli Chardonnay. This recipe is a household favorite and credit is owed to the infamous Martha Stewart for the creation of this dish.
"Peppery arugula is balanced by a mix of sautéed mushrooms and cool creme fraiche in this easy, vegetarian tortellini that's ready in just 30 minutes."
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-pound gourmet-blend mushrooms, such as yellow oyster, cremini, or shiitake, sliced
- 1 large leek, white and light-green parts only, halved, thinly sliced, and well washed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for serving
- 3 cups packed baby arugula
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until browned, 6 to 7 minutes. Add leek; season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add pasta and cook according to package directions until al dente. Reserve 1 cup pasta water; drain.
- Transfer pasta to skillet over medium heat; stir in creme fraiche, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and 1/2 cup pasta water until smooth, adding more pasta water as needed until creamy. Remove from heat; fold in arugula. Serve with more cheese.